Graduate Software Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Employment type: Full-time and Part-time
Location: Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire
Job function: Graduate Software Developer
- Develop the core systems that will allow customers to take advantage of NetPay services based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- The NetPay software applications are required to comply with PCI DSS Level 1 therefore experience in this would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in daily agile meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
- As a key member of cross-functional team, you will search, design, implement and test new web services/applications, and continuously improve the service we already have.
- Candidate should have enthusiasm and passion to learn and contribute. He/She must be numerate, logical and analytical with the ability make or suggest trade-offs when necessary.
- Graduated from a Software Engineering discipline.
- Good university scores to date with great scores in any object-oriented module or a good experience with commercial/non-commercial projects to demonstrate.
- Some web programming experience.
- Good knowledge of software engineering and someone who enjoys the opportunity to resolve complex challenges.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.